I am honored to have been nominated for the blogging Liebster Award by Susan Spilecki from buildingapoem. Go check out her blog! The Liebster Award is an award by bloggers for bloggers that is passed forward, and it has some other cool bells and whistles too!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award on your blog–by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note: The best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then uploading it to your blog post)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1,000 followers (Note: You can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here).
- Once you have written and published it, you have to inform the people/blog that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Susan’s Questions for Me
- What is your favorite book to reread?
- If you could be any hero, who would you be?
- What is the hardest part of writing for you?
Finishing a piece. I tend to write and rewrite and break a piece down and put it back together over and over. I’m never sure when it’s “done”.
- How do you avoid writer’s block?
By practicing mindfulness and being present in the moment. There is plenty of inspiration in a moment 🙂
- What movie would you watch if you were feeling down? August Rush
- Do you speak/read a second language? Which one?
No…though I often consider my intuition a language of it’s own. I am particularly fluent in intuition.
- What do you like best about blogging?
It gets the words out of my head.
- Spartans or Ninjas? Why?
Since this is the first time I have given it thought, I decided to look up the meanings of each:
Spartan (noun) … a citizen of Sparta…a disciplined or brave person…a Canadian variety of eating apple
Ninja (noun)…mercenary agents, highly trained in martial arts and stealth (ninjutsu) who were hired for covert purposes ranging from espionage to sabotage and assassination.
Decision made…considering that I am a pacifist, I must choose Spartan.
- Captain America or Ironman?
This one is easy…Ironman, for no other reason than I like Robert Downey, Jr.
- What is your favorite summer drink?
- What weird writing rituals do you have, if any?
Writing rituals? as opposed to other things that I do? I am generally weird.
11 Facts about Myself
- I am a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.
- I live in a zoo. Seriously though, I do live with a menagerie of critters, two mastiffs, three cats, a conure and a tortoise.
- I am a tree-hugger.
- And while we’re on the subject, I believe in Faeries.
- My favorite dessert is cheesecake.
- I have only one stamp in my passport…Beijing China. The Great Wall was my favorite place.
- I have four grown daughters, two of which are twins, five grandchildren and three grand-pups.
- One of my ancestors arrived on the Mayflower…Mary Chilton, who was a teen and reportedly the first person to step foot on land when they docked.
- I drive a Fiat…other Fiat owners will understand 🙂
- I live in an historic neighborhood and a century plus home.
- My favorite thing to do is…cook…and read…and paint…and write. Hey, why stop at just one thing!
- If you could interview one person from history, who would that be?
- What makes you happy?
- Pick a number from 1 to 10. Now tell me why.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What inspires you to write?
- What is your favorite color?
- What types of books to you most often choose to read?
- What is your astrological sign?
- Dogs or Cats?
- What is your favorite song?
- When you are not writing, how do you spend your days?
August 14th, 2015 at 6:04 pm
Reblogged this on and commented:
Thank you Kat. You’re too kind.
August 14th, 2015 at 6:06 pm
[…] Read the full details here. […]
August 14th, 2015 at 6:07 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person
August 14th, 2015 at 6:17 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person